Religious Heritage
LANTY
Eglise Notre Dame de la Nativité à Lanty
PMR accessibility
Disabled person
The Notre-Dame-de-la-Nativité church (de-la-Nativité-de-la-Vierge according to Mérimée) is a beautiful Romanesque building built in the 2012th century. It only underwent slight modifications in the XNUMXth century; the last intervention dates from XNUMX (stained glass window on the portal). It is listed in the General Heritage Inventory.
The patron saint of the parish is Saint-Vincent, undoubtedly in reference to the vines planted on the southern slope of Lanty, which depended on the Chartreuse d'Apponnay.
Lanty is an old parish, attached to the pastoral sector of Fours / Cercy-la-Tour, in the diocese of Nevers.
DESCRIPTION
The church has an oriented, elongated plan, with a bell tower in the work. The nave has a single capped vessel. The choir is made up of a circular apse with a cul-de-four vault, and a rectilinear bay under a bell tower, covered with a semi-circular barrel vault. Leaning against the left wall of the choir, the sacristy was added in 1863-1864.
The portal consists of a monolithic lintel surmounted by a relief arch. In the intermediate space, a stained glass window dedicated to Saint-Vincent has just been created by Annick Bertrand, master glassmaker.
REMARKABLE ELEMENTS
The church of Lanty had a statue of Saint-Vincent in polychrome wood from the 17th century, which unfortunately has disappeared.
The bell (height 47 cm, diameter 58 cm), in bronze and iron, dates from 1702. Its sides are decorated with biblical figures (Christ on the cross, Virgin and Child) and saints (Saint-Abdon, Saint-Sennen ) in bas-relief. Saint-Abdon and Saint-Sennen, twin martyrs belonging to the group of protectors from bad weather, reinforce the powers of the bell.
The altar (classified as a Historic Monument in 1962), entirely made of wood, was offered by the Countess of Ségur to the Boudet family in the XNUMXth century. Its facade is inspired by reliefs of bronze appliques from civil furniture, in the rococo style. The medallion is decorated with the Sacred Heart.
OPEN YOUR EYE!
The statue of Saint-Vincent, patron saint of winegrowers, was placed in the church before its disappearance, on the left side of the nave. It's up to you to find the support for this statue, always decorated with bunches of grapes and wheat. Saint-Vincent was replaced by Sainte-Thérèse, whose original location now accommodates Sainte-Bernadette (support decorated with roses).
The patron saint of the parish is Saint-Vincent, undoubtedly in reference to the vines planted on the southern slope of Lanty, which depended on the Chartreuse d'Apponnay.
Lanty is an old parish, attached to the pastoral sector of Fours / Cercy-la-Tour, in the diocese of Nevers.
DESCRIPTION
The church has an oriented, elongated plan, with a bell tower in the work. The nave has a single capped vessel. The choir is made up of a circular apse with a cul-de-four vault, and a rectilinear bay under a bell tower, covered with a semi-circular barrel vault. Leaning against the left wall of the choir, the sacristy was added in 1863-1864.
The portal consists of a monolithic lintel surmounted by a relief arch. In the intermediate space, a stained glass window dedicated to Saint-Vincent has just been created by Annick Bertrand, master glassmaker.
REMARKABLE ELEMENTS
The church of Lanty had a statue of Saint-Vincent in polychrome wood from the 17th century, which unfortunately has disappeared.
The bell (height 47 cm, diameter 58 cm), in bronze and iron, dates from 1702. Its sides are decorated with biblical figures (Christ on the cross, Virgin and Child) and saints (Saint-Abdon, Saint-Sennen ) in bas-relief. Saint-Abdon and Saint-Sennen, twin martyrs belonging to the group of protectors from bad weather, reinforce the powers of the bell.
The altar (classified as a Historic Monument in 1962), entirely made of wood, was offered by the Countess of Ségur to the Boudet family in the XNUMXth century. Its facade is inspired by reliefs of bronze appliques from civil furniture, in the rococo style. The medallion is decorated with the Sacred Heart.
OPEN YOUR EYE!
The statue of Saint-Vincent, patron saint of winegrowers, was placed in the church before its disappearance, on the left side of the nave. It's up to you to find the support for this statue, always decorated with bunches of grapes and wheat. Saint-Vincent was replaced by Sainte-Thérèse, whose original location now accommodates Sainte-Bernadette (support decorated with roses).
Equipment
- Parking
Need inspiration?
